With over 25 years as a practicing attorney, and with his work spanning the globe, there are few issues that remain unfamiliar to Jeff in the field of law.
In his private practice, Jeff has an extensive background in setting up businesses, negotiating and structuring international joint venture relationships, and establishing business relationships with nationals from Europe, South America and the Far East.
Jeff has represented real estate clients, from homeowners to developers, engaged in commercial, industrial, and residential development throughout the United States and internationally for 35 years. Jeff is an experienced negotiator in the real estate field with extensive experience in representing parties involved in all types of real estate transactions, facilitating negotiations, and resolving disputes. More recently, he has been using the latest online mediation techniques to help parties get to resolution.
Jeff’s experience includes:
- Negotiating and structuring international joint venture relationships.
- Resolving and preventing local and municipal real estate disputes.
- Establishing direct and indirect sales.
- Negotiating and structuring licensing, sales, service, and other agreements necessary to transfer technology, staff foreign operations, market products and services; and, if necessary to resolve disputes in the United States, Europe, South America and the Far East.
- Working with homeowners and their neighbors to resolve issues concerning boundaries, neighborhood disputes involving easements, covenants in homeowner associations, architectural designs, and many other issues.
- Addressing similar issues in mixed-use developments, residential condominium developments, and cooperatives.
- Negotiating business arrangements among partners in real estate projects, such as joint venture relationships, venture capital, real estate syndication, and international relationships with partners throughout Europe, Asia, the Middle East, the Far East, South America, Canada, and the U.S.S.R.
He is licensed to practice law in Massachusetts and the District of Columbia. In addition to his law degree (Boston University Law, 1976), he also earned masters of law degrees in taxation (1979) and international banking (1993) from Boston University Law School, and has completed training as an international commercial arbitrator and a Texas mediator.